The latest country to reveal more about their national final is Lithuania. Pabandom iš Naujo returns as their selection method for Eurovision 2023, with 30 artists set to compete across five weeks. Some familiar faces are returning to the line up this year as well!
The Pabandom iš Naujo line up for 2023:
Here are the 30 artists and titles competing to represent Lithuania in Liverpool:
|Aistė Pilvelytė||“We’re Not Running”|
|Alen Chicco||“Do You”|
|Antikvariniai Kašpirovskio dantys||“Sėdi Ir Važiuoji” |
(Sit And Drive)
|Baiba||“When The Lights Go Out”|
|Beatrich||“Like A Movie”|
|Gebrasy||“Saw Your Ghost”|
|I.T.||“Žinau, Tai Tu”|
(I Know It’s You)
|Justa Rubežiūtė||“When I’ll Find”|
|Justė Kraujelytė||“Need More Fun”|
|Justin 3 feat. Dj AugustYno||“Not Giving Up”|
|Lina Štalytė||“My Body”|
|Mario Junes||“Do What You Do”|
|Matt Len||“Midnight Train”|
|Melona||“Song Of Whispers”|
|Paulina Paukštaitytė||“Let Me Think About Me”|
|Petunija||“Love Of My Life”|
|Rūta MUR||“So Low”|
|Viktorija Faith||“If You Ever Miss Me”|
|W.I||“You Can Not”|
Who might you recognise?
Many of the artists competing in Pabandom iš Naujo this year are returning to the contest.
- Aistė Pilvelytė has attempted to represent Lithuania 11 times since 1999. Her most recent participation was in 2020 with the song “Unbreakable”, where she placed 5th.
- Alen Chicco has competed twice in previous Lithuanian national selections. He most recently took park in 2020 with the song “Somewhere Out There”, which finished 6th in its semi-final.
- Antikvariniai Kašpirovskio dantys first participated in the national selection in 2019 with the song “Mažulė”, where they placed 3rd.
- Baiba returns to the contest after 7 years. She participated in the national selection in 2016 with her song “Mayday”, which finished in 10th place in its second heat.
- Donata is another stalwart of Lithuania’s national selection process. She last participated in Pabandom iš Naujo in 2020, performing “Made of Wax”. She finished 11th in her heat.
- Gabrielius Vagelis returns after 6 previous attempts. He last competed in 2021 with “My Guy”, where he finished 7th in the semi-final.
- Gebrasy returns for the fourth time in five years. He last competed in 2022 with “Into Your Arms”, which finished 5th overall.
- Joseph June is another competitor returning from last year. He previously participated with “Deadly”, which placed 5th in the semi-final.
- Justin 3 also competed in 2022, alongside Nanaart. Their song “Something That Is Natural”, came 8th in its heat.
- Justė Kraujelytė returns from last year, where she competed with her song “How To Get My Life Back”. The song finished in 6th place.
- Monika Linkytė is the only Eurovision alum returning to Pabandom iš Naujo this year. She represented Lithuania in 2015 alongside Vaidas Baumila with “This Time”, finishing 18th in the final.
- Multiks returns to the competition after a 10-year absence, They previously competed in 2013 with the song “Crazy”, which finished 8th in their heat.
- Pentunija last participated in 2020 with the song “Show Ya”. She finished 7th in the semi-final.
- Viktorija Faith competed in last year’s Pabandom iš Naujo with the song “Walk Through The Water”. She finished 9th in her heat.
- Voldemaras Petersonas returns for the fifth consecutive year to the competition. His last entry, “Up”, was performed with the Break Hearters and finished 8th in its heat.
The first heat of Pabandom iš Naujo will take place on Saturday 21st January 2023.
Lithuania’s Eurovision Journey
The Baltic nation made its debut at the Eurovision Song contest in 1994, where Ovidijus Vyšniauskas represented them with the song “Lopšinė mylimai”, which placed 25th. Since then, Lithuania has participated 21 times and made the Grand Final 14 times. LT United gave Lithuania their best ever Eurovision result back in 2006, where the country placed 6th.
Lithuania’s latest Eurovision participation, saw them being represented by Monika Liu, participating with the song “Sentimentai”. Qualifying for the final, Lithuania finished on 14th place overall, with 128 points.
Who are you most looking forward to seeing in Pabandom iš Naujo next year? Do you think their best placing could be broken? As always, let us know what you think by commenting below. Also, be sure to follow “That Eurovision Site” on Facebook, Instagram and Twitter as we prepare for Eurovision 2023!
News Source: LRT
Photo Credit: LRT/E. Blaževič