As we have previously reported, RTL has now launched the Eurovision 2024 selection for Luxembourg to select its representative for their participation in Sweden.
Singers can submit their entries and Songwriters can express interest to work with Luxembourgish talent
Interested candidates can apply through www.eurovision.lu, and there are three different types of categories available. The candidates must meet the following requirements:
- Have reached the age of 16 by January 27, 2024
- Be available and flexible between November 2023 and May 2024
- Possess live singing abilities and feel at ease on a large stage
- Hold Luxembourgish nationality or have resided in Luxembourg for at least three consecutive years or exhibit a strong cultural involvement and proven connection with the Luxembourgish music scene. In the latter case, several criteria must be fulfilled, including active national engagement in musical practice, regular collaboration with recognized cultural institutions and actors within the Luxembourgish scene.
In terms of categories, the broadcaster has opened up the selectiod, and would depend on current situation as follows:
- Category 1 – Singers who have a song to submit – An artist/group can submit a maximum of three songs, and the songwriters do not have to be the same for all three entries. The submission deadline for this category is October 1.
- Category 2 – Singers who do not have a song but wish to collaborate with songwriters – Those interested must submit a video introducing themselves, as well as a performance of a song of their choice. The submission deadline for this category is July 16.
- Category 3 – Songwriters who wish to collaborate with Luxembourgish talent. – The registration phase is open until October 1, but the broadcaster will be in touch from July 31, with a list of selected talents.
Luxembourg to select its Eurovision 2024 representative on January 27
Following the application, a panel expert will select the artists that will compete in a National Final, which will be announced by RTL. The selection will take place in January 27, 2024 at Rockhal in Esch/Belval, wich will be broadcasted live by RTL.
Luxembourg’s Eurovision Journey
Luxembourg first made its debut in the first edition of the Contest in 1956, with their first entries being “Ne crois pas” and “Les amants de minuit”, both performed by Michèle Arnaud. Since the first Contest, Luxembourg has competed a total of 37 times. Their best result was finishing in 1st place five times – in 1961, 1965, 1972, 1973 and 1983 respectively.
Luxembourg last took part in the Eurovision Song Contest in 1993, when Modern Times represented the nation with the song “Donne-moi une chance”. At the close of voting, Luxembourg finished 20th in a field of 25 with 11 points. Following this participation, Luxembourg withdrew from the Contest and has not returned since.
Are you excited for Luxembourg’s return to the contest? Who should they send at Eurovision 2024? As always, let us know what you think by commenting below. Also, be sure to follow “That Eurovision Site” on Facebook, Instagram, Twitter and Tiktok as we prepare for Eurovision 2024!
News Source: RTL
Photo Credit: EBU/Adobe Stock