As we prepare to say goodbye to the Eurovision class of 2022, we present the TES Awards! 898 people voted across 13 categories, and it now brings us great pleasure to announce our winners.
In our final category, we look back on the season as a whole to the memes and moments that make the contest so special and enjoyable. The events that will go down in fan history, or possibly just as little in-jokes amongst friendship groups.
This year saw a huge number of different entries and suggestions for this category, so before we present the winners, here are a few that didn’t make it to the top five!
- Alessandro in his green-screen suit
- Monika Liu as the president of Lithuania
- The UK delegation having no idea what “Royaume-Uni, douze points” means
- Cornelia’s appearance on the Wiwibloggs livestream at London Eurovision Party
- Diodato’s performance in the first semi-final
- Emily Roberts forgetting her lyrics
- Sara Deop’s Make You Say
- Martin Österdahl being Mr Worldwide during the voting sequence
- Entries edited with Poland-style graphics – Special Effects Are My Passion
- Janis from Citi Zēni’s failed stage dive at London Eurovision Party
- Pia Maria being a hologram
- Stefan being a famous singer in Estonia
And now for the winners…
In fifth place… Brooke. Just Brooke.
It takes a lot of moments for you to end your season with your very own iceberg. Brooke managed it.
In fourth place… “Instead of meat…”
If you’re not allowed to sing the lyric, get the crowd to do it for you!
In third place… “I have a soap!”
Konstrakta brought some delightful moments to this season, and every crowd clapping and singing along to the chorus of In Corpore Sano created moments that will live in memories for years to come (and eardrums!). However, she is perhaps most defined by bringing her own soap to the Israeli Pre-Party. She stole the towels from the hotel, though.
In second place… “This is Holland…”
No, MIKA, this is not Holland.
And the winner of the Meme or Moment of the Season Award is…. The Sun!
How optimistic we were when we first saw Francesca Montero’s stage design! How our dreams were crushed upon rehearsals starting! In an unfortunate turn (or rather, not-turn) of events, our seven-ringed sun was not able to move fast enough between acts, and so would be stuck on its dark side for the duration of the live shows. Our disappointment was immeasurable and our days were ruined.
Of course, we had to do what we needed to do to cope, and that was make memes. And make memes we did.
Was the broken sun your Meme or Moment of the Season? What did you vote for? Let us know in the comments below or on social media. Be sure to follow “That Eurovision Site” on Facebook, Instagram, Twitter and Tik-Tok as we gear up for Eurovision 2023!
News Source: That Eurovision Site
Photo Credit: That Eurovision Site