🇫🇮 The Rasmus to represent Finland at the 2022 Eurovision Song Contest

🇫🇮 The Rasmus to represent Finland at the 2022 Eurovision Song Contest

Tonight UMK 2022 took place. Finland decided that The Rasmus will represent them at the Eurovision Song Contest 2022 in May with the song “Jezebel”. Finland will compete in the second Eurovision Semi-Final on May 12th.

UMK 2022 Results

OrderArtistSong TitleJury PointsTelevoting PointsTotal PointsFinal Place
1The Rasmus“Jezebel”682423101
2Isaac Sene“Kuuma jäbä”28991275
3Olivera“Thank God I’m An Atheist”461211674
4Bess“Ram Pam Pam”561482043
5Younghearted“Sun Numero”4051916
6Cyan Kicks“Hurricane”521692212
7Tommi Läntinen“Elämä kantaa mua”452567

You can listen to the UMK 2022 winner and all the other entries from Finland’s national final by checking out our Spotify Playlist here:

Details about UMK 2022

This year Finland’s national final took place at the Logomo in Turku. The show was hosted by Paula Vesala and Miisa Rotola Pukkila. The winner of UMK 2022 was decided by an International jury who had 25% of the final vote and a national televote that had the other 75%. Blind Channel who came 6th at Eurovision 2021 also performed during the show.

Listen to “XXX” on streaming services now

Spotify

Apple Music

Check out all the released 2022 Eurovision entries now.

You can check out all the Eurovision 2022 entries that have been released on streaming services by checking out our playlist

Finland’s Eurovision Journey

Finland debuted in the 1961 Eurovision Song Contest, finishing 10th with Laila Kunnunen’s “Valoa ikkunassa.” Since then, they have competed 54 times, and appeared in the final 46 times. Finland has finished in the top 10 an impressive 13 times. They have won the contest once in 2006, with Lordi’s performance of “Hard Rock Hallelujah” getting 292 points. Finland’s most recent entry was “Dark Side” by Blind Channel. In the Final, they gained a total of 301 points, earning them 6th place.

What do you make of UMK 2022 hosts? Are you going to be watching UMK on February 26th? As always, let us know what you think by getting in touch in the comments below. Also, be sure to follow ‘THAT Eurovision Site’ on our social media – we are on FacebookInstagram, and Twitter.

News Source: YLE

Photo Source: YLE

4 thoughts on “🇫🇮 The Rasmus to represent Finland at the 2022 Eurovision Song Contest

Leave a Reply

%d