Ahead of the final of Junior Songfestival 2023 on September 23, we are starting to find out the finer details of the Dutch National Final for Junior Eurovision 2023. Now, the Jurors that will help decide the next Junior Eurovision representative for The Netherlands.
New faces and former Junior Songfestival participants as jurors
The Jurors that will help decide the next Dutch Junior Eurovision representative will include people who have experience in the competition, alongside new faces.
The professional juries are made up of three jurors who have not yet judged the Dutch selection and they are:
- Meau – A Singer-Songwriter who had reached number 1 with their single “Dat heb jij gedaan”, and have released the album “22” in the summer. They are also taking part in the latest season of Beste Zangers.
- Soy Kroon – An actor, who have appeared in numerous production such as “Liefde Zonder Grenzen” and Costa!
- Sosha Duysker – A television presenter, who is prominently known for presenting numerous children shows for numerous duutch broadcasters (including AVROTROS).
The Kids Jury consists of Mixed Up who competed in last year’s contest with “It Doesn’t Matter”, alongside Luna who represented the Netherlands at Junior Eurovision 2022 with “La Festa”.
Everything we know about Junior Songfestival 2023
Junior Songfestival 2023 will be held on September 23 on the RTM Stage of Ahoy. The RTM Stage has hosted the National Final since 2020. The show will be hosted by Matheu and Stefania who hosted the competition in 2022.
The competing acts and the name of their entries are as follows:
- Duron with “Magic”
- Flare with “Side by Side”
- JOY! with “Better Together”
- Sep & Jasmijn with “Holding On To You”
The Netherlands’ Junior Eurovision Journey
The Netherlands has participated in every edition of the Junior Eurovision Song Contest since its inception, first taking part in 2003. The country’s first entry came in the form of Roel, singing “Mijn ogen zeggen alles”. At the close of voting, the Netherlands finished in 11th place, earning 23 points. Since then, the Netherlands have taken part another 18 times, earning one victory in 2009 with Ralf Mackenbach singing “Click-Clack”.
In 2022, the Netherlands were represented by Luna with her song “La Festa” in Yerevan. Once the combined scores were revealed, the Netherlands finished in 7th place. They received 58 points from the jury vote, and 70 from the public vote.
Are you excited that The Netherlands will participate in Nice? Who do you think should represent The Netherlands in November? Let us know in the comments below or on social media. Don’t forget to follow ‘THAT Eurovision Site’ over at Facebook, Twitter, Instagram and TikTok as we prepare for Junior Eurovision 2023.
News Source: Junior Songfestival
Photo Credit: Junior Songfestival