Anna Gjebrea has won Albania’s “Junior Fest 2021” with the song “Stand By Me”. Anna will therefore represent her country at the Junior Eurovision Song Contest 2021 in Paris. Upon winning Junior Fest, Anna mentioned her excitement to represent her country. At the time of writing, Anna is currently recording the official music video of her entry, which is due to be released at a later date. For now, you are able to watch her Junior Fest performance right here:
Anna is 12 years old and currently resides in the Albanian capital Tirana. Anna’s father Ardit is well known in Albania, he hosts a show called “E Diela Shqiptare”
Junior Eurovision Song Contest 2021
Junior Eurovision 2021 will take place in Paris, France following Valentina’s victory in JESC 2020 with “J’imagine”. The contest will be held in La Seine Musicale on December 19th. 19 countries will be competing in the 19th edition of the competition:
- Albania – Anna Gjebera with “Stand By Me”
- Armenia – TBC
- Azerbaijan – Sona Azizova
- Bulgaria – TBC
- France (Host) – Enzo – “Tic Tac”
- Georgia – artist to be decided 13th November
- Germany – Pauline with “Imagine”
- Ireland – Maiú Levi Lawlor
- Italy – to be decided during November
- Kazakhstan – to be decided on 6th November
- Malta – Ike and Kaya with “My Home”
- The Netherlands – Ayana with “Mata Sugu Aō Ne”
- North Macedonia – Cast of Dajte Muzika
- Poland – Sara James with “Somebody”
- Portugal – Simão Oliveira
- Russia – to be decided on 30th October
- Serbia – Jovana and Dunja with “Children’s Eyes”
- Spain – Levi Díaz,
- Ukraine – Olena Usenko with “Vazhil”
You can keep up with our JESC 2021 coverage here.
Albania’s Junior Eurovision Journey
Albania made its debut in the Junior Eurovision Song Contest in 20212, where Igzidora Gjeta represented the nation with “Kam një këngë vetëm për ju” which placed 12th. Since then, Albania has participated six times in the competition.
In 2019, Albania selected Isea Çili to represent Albania after winning Junior Fest, with the song “Mikja ime fëmijër”. During Isea’s participation, Albania managed to place 17th overall after receiving 36 points from the Jury and Online Vote.
Do you think Albania made the right decision for Paris? Let us know in the comments below or on social media. Don’t forget to follow ‘THAT Eurovision Site’ over at Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram.
News Source: Junior Eurovision.TV/ RTSH
Photo Source: RTSH
5 thoughts on “🇦🇱 Anna Gjebrea to represent Albania at the 2021 Junior Eurovision Song Contest”