After being officially confirmed as Armenia’s representative for the 2021 Junior Eurovision Song Contest, we did not have to wait long in order to hear Maléna’s Junior Eurovision 2021 entry “Qami Qami”. The release of her entry takes a different direction than what she would have sent for the 2020 Junior Eurovision Song Contest, titled “Why“. To coincide with the release of the song, an official music video was released.
“Several versions of the song in consideration”
Upon the release of the song, Maléna explained that a lot of time and effort went into the song and that herself and her team were satisfied with the choice.
“I am glad that I can already present my song and video to the fans of the contest. We worked for a long time, we had several versions of the song, but in the end both I and our team chose this song.
It is very trendy, dance, but also has a very important message. “Never give up and remember that together we can reach any height.”
“Qami Qami” was composed by tokionine, whilst Maléna co-wrote the lyrics alongside Vahram Petrosyan, tokionine, and David Tserunyan.
Listen to “Qami Qami” on streaming platforms
After the release of her entry, the song is now available to listen to on streaming platforms:
Junior Eurovision Song Contest 2021
Junior Eurovision 2021 will take place in Paris, France following Valentina’s victory in JESC 2020 with “J’imagine”. The contest will be held in La Seine Musicale on December 19th. 19 countries will be competing in the 19th edition of the competition:
- 🇦🇱 Albania – Anna Gjebrea with “Stand By You“
- 🇦🇲 Armenia – Maléna Fox with “Qami Qami”
- 🇦🇿 Azerbaijan – Sona Azizova with “One of Those Days“
- 🇧🇬 Bulgaria – Denislava & Martin with “Voice of Love“
- 🇫🇷 France (Host) – Enzo with “Tic Tac“
- 🇬🇪 Georgia – Nikoloz Kajaia with “Let’s Count The Smiles”
- 🇩🇪 Germany – Pauline with “Imagine Us“
- 🇮🇪 Ireland – Maiú Levi Lawlor with “Saor (Disappear)“
- 🇮🇹 Italy – Elizabetta Lizza with “Specchio (Mirror On The Wall)”
- 🇰🇿 Kazakhstan – Alinur Khamzin and Beknur Zhunibekuly with “Ертегі әлемі (Fairy World)“
- 🇲🇹 Malta – Ike & Kaya with “My Home“
- 🇳🇱 The Netherlands – Ayana with “Mata Sugu Aō Ne”
- 🇲🇰 North Macedonia – Dajte Muzika with “Green Forces“
- 🇵🇱 Poland – Sara James with “Somebody“
- 🇵🇹 Portugal – Simão Oliveira with “O Rapaz”
- 🇷🇺 Russia – Tanya Mezhentseva with “Mon Ami”
- 🇷🇸 Serbia – Jovana and Dunja with “Children’s Eyes“
- 🇪🇸 Spain – Levi Díaz with “Reír“
- 🇺🇦 Ukraine – Olena Usenko with “Vazhil”
You can keep up with our Junior Eurovision 2021 coverage here.
Armenia’s Junior Eurovision Journey
In 2007, Armenia made its debut in the Junior Eurovision Song Contest with Arevik and the song “Erazanq” (Երազանք) which place 2nd. Since their debut, Armenia has participated 13 times, won the competition once (2010), and even hosted in Yerevan in 2011.
Their recent participation in 2019, saw Armenia participating with Karina Ignatyan with the song “Colours of Your Dream”, which managed to place 9th overall, receiving 115 points from the Jury and Online Vote.
Are you excited about Armenia’s participation in this year’s contest? How do you think Let us know in the comments below or on social media. Don’t forget to follow ‘THAT Eurovision Site’ over at Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram.
News Source: ARTMV
Photo Source: ARMTV
18 thoughts on “🇦🇲 Maléna releases Junior Eurovision 2021 entry “Qami Qami””