On Sunday afternoon, Ukraine’s National Final for the 2021 Junior Eurovision Song Contest, aired over at UA:Kultura, where 11 participants fought for the right to represent Ukraine at this year’s competition, which is due to take place in Paris. Olena Usenko won the competition and will be representing Ukraine at this year’s competition with the song “Vazhil” which translates to “Leverage”
You are able to watch the national final right here:
11 finalists competed for the Ukrainian ticket
11 finalists competed for the ticket to represent Ukraine at the Junior Eurovision Song Contest. 7 of the competing artists will be singing their original songs, whilst 4 of them will be singing the song “Save This World”.
- Arsenii Hryshchenko – “Redemption”.
- Anastasiia Doroshenko (Nana Do) – “Svit nadliudei” (The World of Super People).
- Daryna Zinchenko – “Save This World”
- Karina Kornuta – “Save This World”
- Daryna Kryvenko – “Kosy khmarochosy” (Skyscraping Braids).
- Veronika Morska – “Save This World”
- Yelyzaveta Petruk – “Save This World”
- Daria Rebrova – “Make Me Happy”.
- Sofiia Skvaruk – “Golden Time”.
- Mariia Tkachuk – “Pazly svitu” (Puzzles of the World).
- Olena Usenko – “Vazhil” (Leverage).
Ukraine’s Junior Eurovision Journey
In 2006, Ukraine made their debut to the Junior Eurovision Song Contest, with Nazar Slyusarchuk and the song “Khlopchyk Rock ‘n’ Roll” (Хлопчик рок ‘н’ ролл), which placed 9th. Since their debut, the Eastern European nation has participated 15 times and even won once in 2012 with Anastasiya Petryk and her song “Nebo” (Небо).
In 2020, Ukraine selected its representative through a national final, where Oleksandr Balabanov won the right to represent the nation with “Vidkryvai (Open Up)”. Oleksandr managed to place 7th receiving 106 points from the jury and online vote.
News Source: UA:PBC
Photo Source: UA:PBC