This afternoon Kazakhstan choose their Junior Eurovision 2021 representative. Alinur Khamzin and Beknur Zhunibekuly will represent Kazakhstan after both winning the right to represent their country.
The National Final was not with out drama. At the end of the voting Alinur Khamzin and Beknur Zhunibekuly were tied after the combination of jury and televoter percentages. The Jury cast the deciding vote and after much deliberation, decided that both Alinur and Beknur should represent Kazakhstan together in Paris and therefore gave the two the ticket to Junior Eurovision.
As a result of being unable to pick one song over the other, a new song will be written for the duo called “World of Fairytales”. In addition, Beknur will become the first disabled singer to perform at the Junior Eurovision Song Contest in December.
Ten acts competed with their songs tonight the list of participants were the following:
- Ayganym Amantay
- Amina Asgatova
- Zhunibekuly Beknur
- Alinur Khamzin
- Jan Makim
- Armen Sahakyan
- Adina Sulenova
- Ekaterina Tabarina
- Alimzhan Tugelbai
- Abilgayyr Zhumabay
The 10 acts were selected via a online vote back in October.
Junior Eurovision Song Contest 2021
Junior Eurovision 2021 will take place in Paris, France following Valentina’s victory in JESC 2020 with “J’imagine”. The contest will be held in La Seine Musicale on December 19th. 19 countries will be competing in the 19th edition of the competition:
- Albania – Anna Gjebera with “Stand By Me”
- Armenia – TBC
- Azerbaijan – Sona Azizova
- Bulgaria – TBC
- France (Host) – Enzo – “Tic Tac”
- Georgia – artist to be decided 13th November
- Germany – Pauline with “Imagine”
- Ireland – Maiú Levi Lawlor
- Italy – to be decided during November
- Kazakhstan – to be decided on 6th November
- Malta – Ike and Kaya with “My Home”
- The Netherlands – Ayana with “Mata Sugu Aō Ne”
- North Macedonia – Cast of Dajte Muzika with “Green Forces”
- Poland – Sara James with “Somebody”
- Portugal – Simão Oliveira
- Russia – Tanya Mezhentseva with “Mon Ami”
- Serbia – Jovana and Dunja with “Children’s Eyes”
- Spain – Levi Díaz,
- Ukraine – Olena Usenko with “Vazhil”
You can keep up with our Junior Eurovision 2021 coverage here.
Kazakhstan’s Junior Eurovision Journey
In 2018, Kazakhstan made its debut in the Junior Eurovision Song Contest, where Daneliya Tuleshova represented the nation with “Ózińe Sen” which placed 6th. Since their debut, they have participated two more times. In 2019, with Yerzhan Maksim and the song “Armanyńnan qalma” and once again in 2020 with Karakat Bashanova with “Forever”, both of which placed 2nd overall.
Did Kazakhstan make the right choice? Can they get another Top five finish in Paris? Let us know in the comments or on social media. Be sure to follow ‘That Eurovision Site’ on Twitter, Facebook, and Instagram.
News Source: Khabar Agency
Photo Source: Khabar Agency
4 thoughts on “🇰🇿 Alinur Khamzin and Beknur Zhunibekuly to represent Kazakhstan at Junior Eurovision 2021”