With less than a week to go until Junior Eurovision 2023, more details are being revealed about the show. Amir, who represented France at the 2016 Eurovision Song Contest in Stockholm, will perform as an interval act at Junior Eurovision 2023.
Amir’s Eurovision History
Amir represented France at the 2016 Eurovision Song Contest in Stockholm, Sweden, with his song “J’ai Cherché” (English: I searched). The song finished in sixth place with 257 points, 148 from the jury and 109 from the televote. Since Eurovision, Amir has remained somewhat involved in the Eurovision world. In addition to performing as an interval act at JESC 2023, he commentated the 2017 grand final on France 2, took part as a jury member for Destination Eurovision 2018 and co-wrote France’s 2020 entry “Mon Alliée (The Best In Me)” by Tom Leeb.
All About Junior Eurovision 2023
Junior Eurovision 2023 landed in Nice after France won the competition for a second time in Yerevan, represented by Lissandro with “Oh Maman”. This year’s competition will take place on the 26th of November at 16:00CET, at the Palais Nikaïa.
The competing countries and their representatives are as follows:
- 🇦🇱 Albania – Viola Gjyzeli
- 🇦🇲 Armenia – Yan Girls
- 🇪🇪 Estonia – Arhanna Sandra Arbma
- 🇫🇷 France (Host Country) – Zoé Clauzure
- 🇬🇪 Georgia – Anastasia Vasadze & Ranina
- 🇩🇪 Germany – FIA
- 🇮🇪 Ireland – Jessica Mckean
- 🇮🇹 Italy – Melissa & Ranya
- 🇲🇹 Malta – Yulan Law
- 🇳🇱 Netherlands – Sep & Jasmijn
- 🇲🇰 North Macedonia – Tamara Grujeska
- 🇵🇱 Poland – Maja Krzyżewska
- 🇵🇹 Portugal – Júlia Machado
- 🇪🇸 Spain – Sandra Valero
- 🇺🇦 Ukraine – Anastasia Dymyd
- 🇬🇧 United Kingdom – STAND UNIQU3
Are you excited to see Amir perform at Junior Eurovision 2023? Let us know in the comments. Also, be sure to follow ‘That Eurovision Site’ on Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, TikTok, Threads and Bluesky for all your Junior Eurovision 2023 coverage!
News Source: Eurovision Quotidien
Photo Credit: EBU