The acts that will open and close the Junior Eurovision Song Contest 2023 have been revealed at the opening ceremony at Le Negresco. Home nation, France’s performance slot for the contest was also revealed.
Spain to open the show, The Netherlands to close
Spain’s Sandra Valero will open the show with her song “LOVIU”. The Netherlands’ Sep and Jasmijn with their song “Holding On To You” will close the show. The opening ceremony also included performances from France’s previous Junior Eurovision competitors. It was then also revealed that France’s Zoé Clauzure will perform her song Cœur 12th in the contest.
Junior Eurovision 2023
Junior Eurovision 2023 landed in ‘Nice’ after France won the competition for a second time in Yerevan, where its 2022 representative Lissandro won the competition with “Oh Maman”. This year’s competition will take place on the 26th of November at 16:00CET in Nice, at the Palais Nikaïa in Nice. Olivier Minne and Laury Thilleman will host this year’s edition of the Junior Eurovision Song Contest. The opening ceremony took place on the 20th of November at Le Negresco.
The competing countries and their representative (where applicable) are as follows:
- 🇦🇱 Albania – Viola Gjyzeli
- 🇦🇲 Armenia – Yan Girls
- 🇪🇪 Estonia – Arhanna Sandra Arbma
- 🇫🇷 France (Host Country) – Zoé Clauzure
- 🇬🇪 Georgia – Anastasia Vasadze, Nikoloz Kharat and Oto Bazerashvili
- 🇩🇪 Germany – FIA
- 🇮🇪 Ireland – Jessica Mckean
- 🇮🇹 Italy – Melissa & Ranya
- 🇲🇹 Malta – Yulan Law
- 🇳🇱 Netherlands – Sep & Jasmijn
- 🇲🇰 North Macedonia – Tamara Grujeska
- 🇵🇱 Poland – Maja Krzyżewska
- 🇵🇹 Portugal – Júlia Machado
- 🇪🇸 Spain – Sandra Valero
- 🇺🇦 Ukraine – Anastasia Dymyd
- 🇬🇧 United Kingdom – STAND UNIQU3
Are you excited for Junior Eurovision 2023? Will you be heading to Nice to catch the action live? As always, let us know what you think by commenting below. Also, be sure to follow ‘That Eurovision Site’ on Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, TikTok, Threads and Bluesky as we prepare for Junior Eurovision 2023!
News Source: EBU/France Télévisions
Photo Credit: France Télévisions