With the line-up for the 2021 Junior Eurovision Song Contest now complete, we are now at a period of finding out the remaining entries, or their final versions. After being revealed as Azerbaijan’s representative in August, Sona Azizova’s entry for Paris “One of Those Days” has now been released. To coincide with the release of the song, an official music video for the song was released.
About “One Of Those Days”
For their return to the Junior Eurovision Song Contest, Azerbaijan ent for a Ballad. In line with Eurovision rules, we see the use of the Azeri and English language, which blends well throughout the song.
“One of Those Days” was composed by Maria Broberg, Francisco Faria, Martin Wiik, Hampus Eurenius, whilst the lyrics was written by Maria Broberg, Francisco Faria, Martin Wiik, Hampus Eurenius, Javid Shahbazbayov, Sona Azizova.
Junior Eurovision Song Contest 2021
Junior Eurovision 2021 will take place in Paris, France following Valentina’s victory in JESC 2020 with “J’imagine”. The contest will be held in La Seine Musicale on December 19th. 19 countries will be competing in the 19th edition of the competition:
- 🇦🇱 Albania – Anna Gjebrea with “Stand By You“
- 🇦🇲 Armenia – Maléna Fox
- 🇦🇿 Azerbaijan – Sona Azizova with “One of Those Days”
- 🇧🇬 Bulgaria – Denislava & Martin with “Voice of Love”
- 🇫🇷 France (Host) – Enzo with “Tic Tac“
- 🇬🇪 Georgia – Nikoloz Kajaia with “Let’s Count The Smiles”
- 🇩🇪 Germany – Pauline with “Imagine Us“
- 🇮🇪 Ireland – Maiú Levi Lawlor with “Saor (Disappear)“
- 🇮🇹 Italy – Elizabetta Lizza with “Specchio (Mirror On The Wall)”
- 🇰🇿 Kazakhstan – Alinur Khamzin and Beknur Zhunibekuly with “Ертегі әлемі (Fairy World)“
- 🇲🇹 Malta – Ike & Kaya with “My Home“
- 🇳🇱 The Netherlands – Ayana with “Mata Sugu Aō Ne”
- 🇲🇰 North Macedonia – Dajte Muzika with “Green Forces“
- 🇵🇱 Poland – Sara James with “Somebody“
- 🇵🇹 Portugal – Simão Oliveira with “O Rapaz”
- 🇷🇺 Russia – Tanya Mezhentseva with “Mon Ami”
- 🇷🇸 Serbia – Jovana and Dunja with “Children’s Eyes“
- 🇪🇸 Spain – Levi Díaz with “Reír“
- 🇺🇦 Ukraine – Olena Usenko with “Vazhil”
You can keep up with our Junior Eurovision 2021 coverage here.
Azerbaijan’s Junior Eurovision Journey
The Land of Fire first competed in Junior Eurovision back in 2012, where they were represented by Suada Alakbarova and Omar Sultanov and the song “Girls and Boys (Dünya Sənindir)” which placed 11th. Azerbaijan competed once again in 2013 and took a break for four years. Their recent participation in the competition saw them being represented by Fidan Huseynova with “I Wanna Be Like You” which placed 16th.
What do you think of Azerbaijan’s entry for this year’s contest? Let us know in the comments below or on social media. Don’t forget to follow ‘THAT Eurovision Site’ over at Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram.
News Source: İctimai
Photo Source: İctimai