With just over a month, delegations are continuing on with their preparations for their Junior Eurovision staging. This time, RTVE has revealed further information about their Junior Eurovision staging, as they have revealed that Nicole Refsing will be the artistic director for Levi Díaz‘s Junior Eurovision performance in Paris.
🥳Nicoline Refsing (@NicolineRefsing) dirigirá la puesta en escena de España en @EurovisionJr #ReírConNicoline— Eurovisión RTVE (@eurovision_tve) October 29, 2021
“Será una actuación llena de la energía, color y alegría que desprende ‘Reír’, la canción de Levi”. #JESC2201
Bringing her experience to Junior Eurovision once again
This will not be the first time that Nicole will be assisting the Spanish delegation with their Eurovision performances. Nicole was the artistic director for Spain’s Junior Eurovision 2019 performance with Melani Garcia’s entry “Marte” which placed 3rd. In 2020, Nicole was due to help with Blas Cantó’s performance at the 2020 Eurovision Song Contest. Unfortunately, the contest was canceled.
Other than working with the Spanish delegation, Nicole also worked with the Austrian delegation in 2014 with Conchita Wurst’s “Rise Like a Phoenix” which ended up winning in Copenhagen.
Junior Eurovision Song Contest 2021
Junior Eurovision 2021 will take place in Paris, France following Valentina’s victory in JESC 2020 with “J’imagine”. The contest will be held in La Seine Musicale on December 19th. 19 countries will be competing in the 19th edition of the competition:
- Albania – Anna Gjebera with “Stand By Me”
- Armenia – TBC
- Azerbaijan – Sona Azizova
- Bulgaria – Deni & Marti with “Voice of Love”
- France (Host) – Enzo – “Tic Tac”
- Georgia – artist to be decided 13th November
- Germany – Pauline with “Imagine”
- Ireland – Maiú Levi Lawlor
- Italy – to be decided during November
- Kazakhstan – Alinur Khamzin and Beknur Zhunibekuly
- Malta – Ike and Kaya with “My Home”
- The Netherlands – Ayana with “Mata Sugu Aō Ne”
- North Macedonia – Cast of Dajte Muzika with “Green Forces”
- Poland – Sara James with “Somebody”
- Portugal – Simão Oliveira
- Russia – Tanya Mezhentseva with “Mon Ami”
- Serbia – Jovana and Dunja with “Children’s Eyes”
- Spain – Levi Díaz,
- Ukraine – Olena Usenko with “Vazhil”
You can keep up with our Junior Eurovision 2021 coverage here.
Spain’s Junior Eurovision Journey
In 2003, Spain was one of the countries to participate in the inaugural edition of the competition with Sergio and the song “Desde el cielo”, and placed 2nd with 125 points. The year after, Spain managed to win the competition with María Isabel and the song “Antes muerta que sencilla”. The nation participated for two more years and took a 12-year break, where it returned in 2019, with Melani Garcia and her entry “Marte” which placed 3rd.
Spain’s recent attempt in the competition saw them internally select Soleá and the song “Palante”, which saw them finish 3rd once again, where they managed to score 133 points from the jury and the online vote.
Are you excited to see Levi’s staging for Paris? What would you like to see in his performance? Let us know in the comments below or on social media. Don’t forget to follow ‘THAT Eurovision Site’ over at Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram.
News Source: RTVE
Photo Source: Rockart Design
One thought on “🇪🇸 Nicoline Refsing is the artistic director for Levi Díaz’s Junior Eurovision performance”